Auke Bay Laboratories Data Sets
Many data sets have been collected by Auke Bay Laboratories over the years. For our purposes, a data set is defined as a collection of data records organized around a common attribute. A data set is created by converting raw data into records. Raw data are collected by the trained observer, and then converted into processed data by one or more actions. A record is a collection of processed data organized around some common attribute, such as date of collection, locality of collection, individual animal and so forth. A data set is a collection of those records.
Metadata is a file that contains details regarding the basic characteristics of a data set. These are the details about who, what, when, where, why, and how the data was collected. More information about metadata can be found at the FGDC website.
All of these metadata files can also be found by searching the InPort data repository using "ABL" in the search field or the data set name for quick results.
Publically Available Data and Databases
- Longline Sablefish Survey
- Status: In Progress
- Download Dataset (query survey results online)
- Point of contact: Chris Lunsford, Auke Bay Laboratories
- Aggregated coded-wire tag (CWT) databases from the salmon bycatch of the Bering Sea-Aleutian Islands and Gulf of Alaska groundfish fisheries
- Ocean Carrying Capacity (OCC) GLOBEC fish and oceanography data
- Auke Bay Laboratories Hydrocarbon Database
- Prince William Sound Humpback predation on herring survey data
- Nearshore Fish Atlas of Alaska
- ShoreZone Coastal Habitat Mapping Dataset
- ShoreZone Shore Station Database
- Pink salmon data collected at Sashin Creek Weir 1934-2002
- Auke Bay Marine Station biological specimen reference collection (ABL Museum)
- Auke Bay Climatology 1959-present